Embedding video from third party services -- such as YouTube, Google Video, and Revver -- is very easy. Most services provide the HTML code needed, right next to the video. This page will show you how to embed the following YouTube video about Virginia Woolf.
To find this particular video, you can do a YouTube search on "virginia woolf bloomsbury" or go directly to the following page: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Km_wrCyN5SA.
- Find the video you wish to embed. At YouTube, and most other services, the embedding code often appears next to the video. It will usually begin with an <object> or <embed> tag, like this:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Km_wrCyN5SA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Km_wrCyN5SA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
- Highlight the embed code and press Crtl-C or Apple-C to copy it.
- In your Drupal editing window, click on the "Source" button (top left) and paste the code where you want the video to appear by pressing Ctrl-V or Apple-V.
- Click on the "Source" button again to go back to the rich text editing view.
- Click on the "Preview" button at the bottom of the screen to see how it will look on the page. You should see the preview page highlighted in light yellow, with the video you've embedded on display. You should also be able to play the video.
- Edit and adjust as necessary.
- Click on the "Save" button to save the changes.